If you have passed or are currently busy with Grade 12/N3 Maths, Physical Science and English, you can apply for a University of Technology bursary.
These bursaries are awarded in Mechanical Engineering, Mine Surveying, Electrical Engineering and Process Instrumentation.
Fields of Study:
Math Level 5
Science Level 5
English Level 5
What does a Sasol bursary include?
The Sasol bursary is a comprehensive bursary which includes the following:
- 100% of the prescribed university tuition fees, registration fees and exam fees.
- An amount equal to the average rate for accommodation in a single room at a university residence at the university at which the Sasol bursar is studying. This rate is determined by Sasol in conjunction with the university.
- An amount for meals based on three meals per day, as determined by the university.
- An amount of approximately R12 000,00 per annum, towards book and pocket money.
- Prescribed tuition fees, registration fees and exam fees are paid directly to the university.
- Students will be required to pay for any repeat subjects as well as any subject not included in the particular curriculum.
- Monies for accommodation are paid directly to the university if the student is staying in university-administered accommodation.
- In cases where the student elects to stay in non-university administered accommodation, monies in lieu of accommodation and meals will be paid directly to the individual. In such instances, the amounts will be limited to that prescribed in bullet 2 and 3 above.
- Book and pocket money will be paid directly to the individual.
- Payments in respect of the above are made twice a year. The first payment is made at the beginning of the first semester, and the second payment is made at the beginning of the second semester.
- Full details of the process and the requirements which must be met for payment will be communicated to successful applicants once a bursary has been awarded.
- Successful applicants will be bound contractually to work at Sasol after graduation, for a period equal to the duration of the bursary.
How to apply
Apply online by clicking here.
No bursaries are awarded in fields of study not listed above. Bursaries are not necessarily awarded in each field of study every year. Applicants should submit an application based on a real interest in the field and must be a South African citizen.
For more information on a University of Technology bursary, contact 0860 106 235.