The Eastern Cape Department of Education in partnership with ETDP SETA is offering the construction Learnership opportunities within the maintenance in the following disciplines: Electrical, civil and Construction.
The purpose for this construction Learnership is to build capacity amongst emerging contractors to execute the increasing amount of labor-intensive work at schools. Furthermore, learner contractors will gain hands-on practical working experience, as well as a recognized NQF qualification. Learners will receive a monthly stipend of R 2000.00.
- Grade 12 with Maths, Physical Science and English
- N3 with Maths, Engineering Science and English
- Applicants should be between 18 and 35 years of age
Skills and Competencies Required
- Communication skills
- Have a high level of drive and motivation
- Computer Literacy
- Be safety conscious
- Be responsible and committed
How to apply
Closing date is 12 December 2017.
Applicants are required to submit a completed Z83 form (download here) obtainable from any Government institution. Certified copies of ID and qualifications, and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with at least three contactable references, must accompany such form. Applicants must clearly quote the reference number and district where the vacancy is.
Application forms are to be submitted to the following Districts.
- Alfred Nzo West – Mr Myolwa (039 255 1735/36), Private Bag X9001 Mt Frere 5090 (Reference Number: ANW HR 01) – 20 Positions
- Buffalo City – Ms Nkolongo (043 604 7734), Private Bag X4571 KWT 5600; Mr Veletshona (043 760 0041), P/Bag X9007 East London 5209 (Reference Number: BC HR/02) – 20 Positions
- Amathole East – Mr Safa (047 401 7715), Private Bag Butterworth X3164 4960 (Reference Number: AE HR/03) – 20 Positions
- Sarah Baartman – Ms Vanrensburg (049 807 2264), Private Bag X726 Graaf Reinet 6280 Mr Giyose (046 603 3351) P/Bag X1001 Grahamstown 6140 (Reference Number: SB HR/04) – 20 Positions
- OR Tambo Inland – Mr Matoti (047 502 4385/204, Private Bag X5003 Mthatha 5099 (Reference Number: ORTI HR/05) – 20 Positions
- Joe Gqabi – Mr Sodladla (039 257 0048), Private Bag X1133 Mt Fletcher 4770; Mr Silele (051 611 0052) P/Bag X5026 Sterkspruit 9762 (Reference Number: JQ H R/06 – 20 Positions
Applicants requiring additional information are welcome to direct their queries to the following officials: Ms. L Sidiya (040 608 4552) Mr L Makongolo (040 608 4261)